Selecting the right organisation to carry out your certification can be fraught with unknowns. A certification body that has been accredited by an accreditation body that is a signatory to the IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA) has proven that it complies with best practice. It is competent to deliver a consistently reliable, and impartial and accurate service which meets the appropriate, internationally-recognised standard.
Using an accredited certification body can:
- • de-risk your procurement by taking the guesswork out of choosing a certification body by giving you confidence that you will get the service that closely meets your requirements;
- • win new business particularly since the use of accredited conformity assessment services is increasingly a stipulation of specifiers in both the public and private sector;
- • gain access to overseas markets since certificates issued by bodies that are accredited by an IAF MLA signatory are recognised and accepted throughout the world;
- • help to identify best practice since the certification body is required to have appropriate knowledge of your business sector;
- • offer market differentiation and leadership by showing to others credible evidence of good practice;
- • demonstrate due diligence in the event of legal action;
- • reduce paperwork and increase efficiency by reducing the need to re-audit your business.