Since the 2021 IAF General Assembly, IAF has welcomed 14 new members, including 10 Accreditation Body (AB) Members representing 10 different economies and four Association Members that operate worldwide.
The past year has marked a period of particularly substantial growth for IAF, which has seen a 50% increase in membership over the last 10 years. IAF currently has 129 Members, including 96 AB Members, 27 Association Members and six Regional Accreditation Group Members.
This growth is an excellent sign, because it took place in a difficult moment in the international context, and because it is not limited to a single geographical area, but rather it is a growth that embraces many different and distant countries. Let us also not forget that recent analyses (I am referring in particular to the GQII 2021 research which correlated the development of the quality infrastructure with the Sustainable Development Goal Index) have confirmed that countries with the most advanced infrastructure for quality are also countries with a higher level of sustainable development. This growth is therefore a reconfirmation of the value of the IAF Mission: IAF facilitates trade and supports sustainable development using internationally recognized accredited conformity assessment to deliver the confidence needed for market acceptance of goods and services.
– Emanuele Riva, IAF Chair
New AB Members include:
• Mexicana de Acreditación MAAC, A.C. (MAAC), Mexico
• Jordan Accreditation and Standardization System – Accreditation Unit (JAS-AU), Jordan
• Committee on Accreditation for Evaluation of Quality (CAEQ), Canada
• National Bureau of Agricultural Commodity and Food Standards (ACFS), Thailand
• Cyprus Organization for the Promotion of Quality (CYS-CYSAB), Cyprus
• Korea Laboratory Accreditation System (KOLAS), Republic of Korea
• Latvian National Accreditation Bureau (LATAK), Latvia
• Global Accreditation Bureau LLC (GAB), Qatar
• Saudi Accreditation Centre (SAAC), Saudi Arabia
• Japan Accreditation Service for Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (JASaff), Japan
New Association Members include:
• BRC Trading Limited (BRCGS)
• European Centre for Certification and Privacy (ECCP)
• World Sustainability Organization S.r.l. (WSO)
• Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone Limited (AMTZ)
CYS-CYSAB and LATAK, which were already signatories to the EA MLA, and O’ZAKK and ACFS, which were already signatories to the APAC MLA, have already been recognized for various scopes in the IAF MLA. The other new AB Members have yet to gain IAF MLA recognition.
We congratulate all our new Members for their acceptance into IAF and look forward to working with them for many years to come.