The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has published its 2016 Survey of Management System Standard Certifications, an annual survey that counts certificates issued by certification bodies accredited by IAF Accreditation Body Members.
Overall trends were positive, with 1,644,357 valid certificates reported in 2016 as opposed to 1,520,368 in 2015, marking an 8% increase.
This number includes:
- 1,106,356 certificates reported for ISO 9001 (7% increase)
- 346,189 reported for ISO 14001 (8% increase)
- 33,290 reported for ISO/IEC 27001 (21% increase)
- 32,139 reported for ISO 22000 (0% increase)
- 29,585 reported for ISO 13485 (13% increase)
The Survey added two standards in 2016
- ISO 39001:2012 Road traffic safety (RTS) management systems -Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO 28000:2007 Specification for security management systems for the supply chain
Bringing the total number of surveyed standards to 11.
More information can be viewed in the ISO Survey Executive Summary. The full Survey data is also available from the ISO website.