OIML : Organisation Internationale de Métrologie Légale
02 Dec 2020
The International Organization of Legal Metrology is an intergovernmental treaty organization which:
– Develops model regulations, standards and related documents for use by legal metrology authorities and industry
– Provides mutual recognition systems which reduce trade barriers and costs in a global market
– Represents the interests of the legal metrology community within international organizations and forums concerned with metrology, standardization, testing, certification and accreditation
– Promotes and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and competencies within the legal metrology community worldwide
– Cooperates with other metrology bodies to raise awareness of the contribution that a sound legal metrology infrastructure can make to a modern economy
The OIML issues several categories of publications:
– International Recommendations, which are intended as model regulations for a number of categories of measuring instruments, and which OIML Member States are morally obliged to implement as far as possible
– International Documents, which are informative and are intended for guidance purposes
– Other publications such as Vocabularies, Guides, Basic Publications and Expert Reports
In addition, the OIML has developed the OIML Certification System (OIML-CS) which is a system for issuing, registering and using OIML Certificates and their associated OIML type evaluation reports for types of measuring instruments (including families of measuring instruments, modules, or families of modules), based on the requirements of OIML Recommendations. In the OIML-CS participants declare that they intend to accept and utilize OIML Certificates and/or OIML type evaluation reports from those participants that are entitled to issue them. The OIML-CS was launched on 1 January 2018, replacing the previous OIML Basic Certificate System and the OIML Mutual Acceptance Arrangement (MAA).
IAF, OIML and ILAC have a tripartite memorandum of understanding.
This website uses Google Analytics to analyze how users use this site. By continuing to use this website, you consent to our use of these non-personal cookies.
You can also opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics with effect for the future by downloading and installing Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Addon for your current web browser: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.