The Annual Meeting, acting on the recommendation of the Technical Committee, resolved that the following documents, having been approved by IAF Members, now be published by IAF as amended editorially in the Technical Committee on 16 and 17 September in response to comments made by IAF Members attached to their votes:
- • IAF Guidance on Cross Frontier Accreditation (to be published both as a self
standing document and as an Annex to the Guidance on ISO/IEC Guide 61);
- • Procedure for Exchange of Documentation among MLA Accreditation Bodies
for the Purposes of Assessment;
- • IAF Guidance on QMS CRB Competence (to be published as part of the
Guidance on ISO/IEC Guide 62 replacing the existing Guidance on clause 2.2);
- • Revised IAF Guidance on the Application of ISO/IEC Guide 62 (FG62_3);
- • Revised IAF Guidance on the Application of ISO/IEC Guide 66 (FG66_3).
The Annual Meeting agreed that with respect to the guidance on Cross Frontier Accreditation, this shall be implemented by the MLA Signatories within 6 months of publication. The IAF MLA MC shall, in cooperation with the regional members, prepare an evaluation plan for the IAF MLA Signatories having accredited CRBs with foreign branches, cf. Section 2.1.1 in the Guidance document. An evaluation of the ABs shall begin immediately after the guidance has come into force.
It was further agreed, on reissuing the IAF Guidance on ISO /IEC Guide 61, the same
provision used for Guides 62 and 66 will be used for introducing the applicable parts of
ISO 19011 (Guidelines for Quality and/or Environmental Management Systems Auditing) in place of the reference in the standard to the superseded ISO 10011 series.