The BRCGS Food Safety certification program sets out the food safety, authenticity, quality and operational criteria required for the manufacture, processing and packing of:
• Processed foods, both own brand and customer-branded
• Raw materials or ingredients for use by food service companies, catering companies and/or food manufacturers
• Primary products, such as fruit and vegetables
• Pet foods for domestic animals and animal feed
• Products from animal primary conversion
Traded products – products stored at the site, but are not manufactured, further processed, packed or labelled may also be included.